header

Pages

10.03.2010

first Christmas card of the season!



I usually don't start my Christmas cards until late late October, but I was really excited about some great stamps that DRS Designs recently sent me. Using the Simple Berry Branch, Small Merry Christmas, and Large Original Plaid, I made this:

I stamped the purple base card with the Plaid, but just left it as vertical stripes- it's a very versatile stamp! To add color to the berry branch, I embroidered little french knots (my favorite!) in 2 shades of red to match the sentiment. The stamping on the ornament is all embossed, to give it a nice shine. Lastly, I threaded the black ribbon through silver eyelets punched in the top layer.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to use those eyelets! I have never seen anything like that before! It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!! I love the detail of the french knots! Such a wonderful combination of simplicity and detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...