header

Pages

2.09.2011

Where I've Been

I feel like I haven't been posting as frequently as usual. If you follow me, you might remember that I was recently sick. Thankfully I'm feeling better, and quickly got back to crafting.

I have not recently made many cards for friends/family/challenges, since I have been working on wedding placecards for my friend. She is getting married this weekend, and I had the honor of making them! I custom designed the die-cutting file for the "frame" of the card, and made the rest match her invitations- same font; same snowflake image. (and yes, that is my/my husband's card in front!!) I made over 70 of these, which might not seem like much, but you must remember:
1. I work full time, and also teach music lessons afterwards
2. I love spending free time playing video games
3. I'm a perfectionist, and very slow at things that are important!
So you see, this took up a lot of my crafting time. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things, starting with my post for Our Creative Corner on Saturday...see you then!

One more thing- below is what I was left with after making the place cards...any idea of what I can do with them?


3 comments:

  1. Those place cards are awesome!! And 70 of them.. it seems like a lot to me.
    You could use all those wonderful cutouts as matting/backing for a calender project or two or three or...! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! You should go into event planning... As for the scraps, tags are an easy solution, I keep my scraps and use them for punches and such. Thanks for the comments on my post yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the place cards. How creative. as far as the scraps - the sky is the limit - you can make note cards, tops for candy boxes - backs and fronts for candy boxes, on and on If you can do such a fantastic job on the place cards - if you just think for a minute - you can come up with a lot of other ideas. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...