header

Pages

3.19.2011

OCC Reuse Your Packaging!


Good mornin'!
I'm excited to share my latest card for Our Creative Corner. Rebecca Ednie is hosting, and her challenge is to re-use packaging that you might normally throw out. This could include boxes, cans, bags, embellishment bubbles, etc.

We also have a sponsor for this week's challenge. Doodle Pantry is giving our Top Talent a $10 gift card to their store! Below is the set that I used for my sentiment:

(This was my first time using digis!)

Last week I bought a border punch, and I knew that I had to save that plastic packaging! Here's how it looked before I took my scissors to it....

I free-hand cut some flower shapes from the plastic, and curled up the edges of each petal. I stacked them all together, and used some embroidery floss to sew them together, and to adhere my button. It was tricky to get through all of those layers of plastic, but it worked out well, and the plastic didn't split (at first I was worried it might).

I embroidered around the sentiment, and to add dimension I also strung a scrap piece of embroidery floss across the corner of the card and used foam tape to adhere a few more of the pennants.




Thanks for checking it out, and we'd love to see your creations! Load 'em up at Our Creative Corner!

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so sweet, Jen! Love the colors and that ribbon is gorgeous! Your acrylic flower and that banner really make it special.

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I love the fun colors and those sweet banners, and the plastic flower is brilliant! I love ideas for using packaging creatively, and this is a definite keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever girl...love that flower! Who woulda thunk it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Jen!! Love the acrylic flower and the banner!!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever Idea Jen! I have used clear embellies before but now I can create them myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...