header

Pages

12.11.2012

CSS CASE of Joy

Have you seen the new Limited Edition set from Clear and Simple Stamps?  It is for 2012 customers, and you get more stamps depending on how much you have spent this year.  Today, the DT is using this great set to CASE their favorite cards from the year.  We could CASE our own project, or one from one of the other designers.

I chose an awesome card from Laura Bassen.  When I think of her, I think of plaid!  She has done some amazing cards with hand-stamped plaid, including this beauty:


Oh man- how could I even attempt to CASE this? It's perfect!  I went with a thinner plaid, using diagonal stripes in green and coral:


The "JOY" was embossed in white over the plaid.  The layout was kept pretty much the same.  Laura, I hope I did okay!! :)

As a bonus, I have two more.  I love this card from Elena:

..and here's my interpretation:

For the card base, I used the new metallic paper from CSS in white pearl.  It's photographing slightly pink, but it is definitely a neutral pearl.  I love how heavy it is- perfect for a card base!

Last is a great card from Laurie:

I love the way she used an imprint plate for the background, and left so much white space. I kept a lot of the design elements the same on this one too!



When I found out that the group challenge was "CASE of Joy," I wanted to CASE every designer on the CSS DT!!  I had big plans to make lots and lots of cards....but sadly I could only manage these three.   

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else made:
Dana
Elena
Jaclyn
Kim
Laurie
Lori
Tracy
Clear and Simple Stamps













13 comments:

  1. I like yours better :) And that first one from Laura? It is perfection, but I love your new version too... there's always room for more plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All kinds of gorgeousness...the plaid is my favorite. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chock full of goodness...love them all! That plaid is just toooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Jen! Love that thin plaid so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, I can't even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock this one! Love love your renditions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous assortment of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what great CASE's!!! Love that plaid one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all awesome, but I am so in love with the white and silver in the middle! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All awesome, but I have a special place in my heart for glitter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all these awesome cards! You took perfect inspiration. I love them all! That Joy really stands out on the plaid. I love how you made the ornament on the second and then the woodgrain on the 3rd :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooo I really want those UPPER case dies.......Want want want!!! need need need...haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful cards Jennifer! I love the plaid design on the first one, and the huge "joy." Very nice. The 2nd one is sooo super lovely! I love all the silver! The 3rd one is so very neat! I love the red and all the gems!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...